HEADİNG WORLD

Saudi-led coalition says staged 2,300 strikes in Yemen

Saudi-led coalition says staged 2,300 strikes in Yemen
"The goals of the first stage of the campaign have been implemented," coalition spokesman Ahmed al-Asiri said.

A Saudi-led coalition against Yemen’s Shiite Houthi group said Sunday that it staged 2,300 airstrikes against the group across Yemen since March 25.

“The goals of the first stage of the campaign have been implemented,” coalition spokesman Ahmed al-Asiri said.

He added at a press briefing in Saudi capital Riyadh that there were  not ballistic missiles inside Yemen any more to threaten neighboring states.

“If the Houthi militia gets the missiles out of its caves, they will be destroyed immediately,” al-Asiri said.

He noted that the following stage in the campaign would focus on preventing the Houthis from moving on the ground, protecting civilians and helping in humanitarian work.

Late last month, Saudi Arabia and several other Arab states began an air campaign against Houthi positions across Yemen.

Riyadh says the strikes come in response to appeals by embattled President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi for help against the Shiite militants.

Yemen has been in turmoil since the Houthis overran capital Sanaa in September and have since advanced on other provinces.

 Neydek
Times of Turkey

Times of Turkey

Yorum Ekle

Yorum yaz

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 Neydek