Yesterday Turkish president said Recep Tayyip Erdogan “I strongly condemn the atrocious attack that caused the martyrdom and injuries of our soldiers in the Yuksekova district of Hakkari,” in his statement early Monday.
The incident took place in the town of Daglica in the Yuksekova district Sunday evening, as two armed army vehicles were crossing. Security sources said there were several wounded and martyred soldiers.
The president did not give the exact numbers of martyred soldiers. Erdogan also conveyed his condolences to the families of soldiers.
“The pain of our security forces martyred in a malicious attack by a separatist terrorist organization offends [us],” said Erdogan.
He also added these attacks, which were “directed against national unity and brotherhood”, would never achieve their goals.
Meanwhile, releasing a statement early Monday, the Turkish General Staff said that during an operation launched after the attack, 13 PKK targets were bombed by two F-16 and two F-14 aircraft.
The statement said two armored vehicles of the general staff had been damaged.
“Despite the bad weather conditions, the operations will continue,” it said.